Arrivals & Dismissals
District Wide Bus Procedures for PK and Kindergarten - To ensure the safety of our youngest bus riders, Spring Branch Independent School District has implemented the following procedure.
● PK and Kindergarten students will only be released to their parent (or parent designee) with the required blue parent identification pass at our bus stops.
● This pass must be brought daily to the bus stop and presented to the bus driver/assistant in order for you to get your child off the school bus.
● If this pass is not available, the student will be returned to the school and parents will be contacted to pick them up there.
● Bus services will be provided to families who consistently have an adult/designee present at drop off with the blue pass.
● Students who are returned to the school three or more times may lose their transportation privileges.
● Parents or designees that attempt to remove their child from the bus without a blue identification pass will forfeit riding privileges for their child for the remainder of the school year.
Bus Procedures for All Students
Students must ride their designated bus. If a change is needed, please follow the change of transportation procedures. Buses typically depart the campus by 2:35 pm.
Bus riders are expected to:
● Remain in their designated seat facing the front of the bus until the bus has reached a complete stop.
● Talk with a quiet voice.
● Keep hands in the bus.
● Show respect for the bus driver and fellow students at all times.
Parents who wish to drop off their child/children must use the parent drive located off Stetson by the library.
Please refrain from dropping students off in the front of the school between 7:00 and 7:20 as this area reserved for day care and special education transportation.
● The parent drive gates open at 7 am and close at 7:20 am each morning.
● Arrivals between 7:20 and 7:25 may use the drive in front of the school.
● Arrivals after 7:25 should park and walk their child to the office for a tardy slip.
● Please do not leave children unattended prior to 7:00 am. There is no supervision at this time and it is not safe.
Children may not be dropped off in the bus drive or the parking lot at any time. It is very unsafe for them to walk by themselves across those areas.
If you choose to walk your child to the doors, please park in the far lane of the parking lot, closest to Stetson and walk with your child to the cafeteria door.
● All cars must have a Terrace Card with your child’s name printed in large letters. Parents may register for a card at Meet the Teacher, on the first day of school, and can be completed in the front office thereafter.
● Have this card ready to display when you are in the line. Siblings will be grouped together.
● Please remain in your car at all times.
Parents may not walk up to the gate to pick up their child at the parent drive. If you would like to walk to pick up your child, the child needs to be designated as a “walker” and will be dismissed from the front doors of the school.
Students who walk to and from school will enter through the cafeteria doors in the morning and be released from the front doors in the afternoon.
● Parents picking up their child from the front as a walker must have a Terrace Card with your child’s name printed in large letters. Parents may register for a card at Meet the Teacher, on the first day of school, and can be completed in the front office thereafter.
● Please wait outside of the front doors and show this card to the staff working walker duty.
All of these procedures and systems are in place to ensure the safety and security of your child/children. We appreciate your cooperation and patience.