● Students may enter the building at 7:00 am.
● Breakfast is served from 7:00-7:20 am.
● The first bell rings at 7:20 am.
● The tardy bell at 7:25 am when instruction begins. Students are tardy if they are not in the building at 7:25 am.
● Parents should walk their child to the office for a tardy slip if they are arriving after 7:30 am.
● Attendance is taken at 9:00 am. Students arriving after this time are counted absent.
● If your child is unable to attend school, please contact the school office at 713-251-7200.
Attendance is extremely important to your child’s success. Our teachers begin instruction at 7:25. If a student is tardy, they lose valuable instructional time. Please make every effort to schedule appointments after school hours. School personnel will closely monitor attendance and conduct home visits as needed to ensure that students are able to maximize instructional time.
Elementary students must be present 90% of the year to be automatically promoted. All absences, excused or unexcused, determine promotion. SBISD emphasizes that attendance is a key in the enhancement of student achievement. Parents, by law, are accountable for their child’s attendance.
● All absences must be verified by a parent with either a note or email to the Attendance Specialist stating the reason for the absence.
● The note must be received within two (2) school days.
● Terrace follows the district attendance policy regarding absences.
● Information regarding excused absences can be found in the SBISD Elementary Student/Parent Handbook.
● Make-up work may be requested for students absent two (2) or more days.
● Absences for religious holidays will be recorded but will not count against the student when determining perfect attendance.